Create your own Birthday, Holiday and Hostess Gifts for a fraction of the price. Gifts from your kitchen are remembered and cherished because they are from your heart!
Mangoes and Peaches and red peppers are in season … so now is the time to make jellies and chutneys for the fall and winter season.
Hostess and Holiday Gifts (GIFTS From Your Kitchen Book 1)
Hostess and Holiday Gifts
When you make your own gifts it sends a message to the recipient. It shows that you care enough to spend the time and make an effort. “Gifts From Your Kitchen” are gifts from your heart.
Picking up a bottle of wine at the liquor store is easy, making a batch of their favorite cookies is special. Giving your hostess a gift that she can use now or later is always appreciated. Adults and kids alike LOVE getting baked goodies, something wonderful in a jar, a box of home-made candies or a batch of appetizers. Many of the gifts I give are goodies the recipient would never have made themselves!
It is often said that the key to someone’s heart is though their stomach. If that is indeed true, then in this book I am giving you 40 keys that will open many hearts.
These recipes are some of MY personal favorites. Because I have been giving gifts from MY kitchen since I was about ten, my friends have all come to expect them. They kindly provide me with a list of their favorites so I am SURE not to forget them the next time I come over.
I give gifts on EVERY occasion … often when a new visitor leaves my house, they will leave with a jar or two of something I have recently created. I always give gifts to neighbors and friends who kindly share the bounty of their gardens. Hostess gifts are a must for me. Depending on the occasion I will bring a jar or two of goodies the hostess can use later, some appetizers or baked goodies that can be used on the spot. And of course there are birthdays and for my family, Easter and Christmas.
My own kids have embraced my gift giving generosity and almost always give gifts of their favorite baked goodies and boxes of home-made candies to their friends. Depending on their age and experience in the kitchen they may “help” or make everything themselves.
Here are ten great reasons for making it yourself:
1. You can save money. Sometimes a little, sometimes a LOT. If you have any of my “preserves” books you will know that entire batches of preserves can be made for 25 cents or less a jar.
2. You will know exactly what ingredients are being used. No weird, unpronounceable or dangerous chemicals.
3. It is incredibly satisfying to turn a batch of mundane ingredients into a gourmet goodie that would cost a fortune if purchased from a specialty store. You can make a dozen gourmet biscotti for as little as $3.00. Those same biscotti could cost $18 or more at the bakery.
4. It is FUN! Get together with the kids, your wife or hubby and enjoy your time together.
5. You can make many of the recipes in less than 30 minutes. Have you even purchased a gift in less than 30 minutes? Just getting to the store might take longer than that!
6. You can create goodies that are NOT available commercially.
7. You can make many of the gifts in this book, months or weeks ahead of time. NO need to get stressed on the day before a gift giving occasion!
8. You can become eco-friendly. Jars can be recycled dozens and dozens of times. Gift giving tins and boxes can be used over and over and over again.
9. When you make your own gifts … it IS from your heart to their heart. It is something SPECIAL.
10. Teach your children to cook. Teach your children about giving and receiving gifts. When they see how thrilled Grandpa is because THEY made the box of almond bark, they will understand what being loving and caring is all about. When Grandma knits them a sweater, they will understand the love that went into it, even if they don’t particularly like the sweater!
You will find a total of 40 Recipes:
8 Recipes for Gifts in Jars
8 Recipes for Biscotti
8 Recipes for Nut Mixes and Nutty Goodies
8 Recipes for Brittles and Barks
8 Quick and Easy Sweet Treats