A trans-Atlantic voyage through words. Andrew Fitzgerald’s memoir takes readers from difficulty and ill-health to somewhere where resilience and hope can grow. From the opening chapter in a hospital bed, readers are plunged into what is a quintessentially Irish scene, a nun clasping Rosary beads. What follows is a journey, where both Irish vision and resilience combine with American optimism to produce a book that is both honest and inspiring.” – Jeremy Murphy,Principal,JM Agency,Publishing & Marketing Consultancy
How Did I Get Here?:
Traveling The Road To Resilience
HOW DID I GET HERE?
As he woke up after dying for the second time, Andrew Fitzgerald asked himself, “How did I get here?”
As he and his wife left Ireland and stepped foot on American soil to begin their lives in the US, he asked himself, “How did I get here?”
As his wife delivered their baby after four miscarriages, he asked himself, “How did I get here?”
As he sat in a customer sales meeting and negotiated the new listing, authorizations, and launch for what is now the no.1 Hard Seltzer in the USA, he asked himself, “How did I get here?”
As he stood on the first tee about to play golf with one of his sporting heroes and a three-time major champion, he asked himself, “How did I get here?”
As he sat in a board room meeting, asserted himself, and rebuked some negative assertions about him, he asked himself, “How did I get here?”
In this poignant memoir about resilience, Andrew Fitzgerald shares his story of emigrating from Ireland to America, only to return to Ireland, and then back to America for good. He explores his struggles with health crises, corporate culture, miscarriage grief, and adapting to his new country.
You’ll follow Andrew’s story as he shares his key learnings from the highs and lows of his journey, such as:
- Talk about your challenging experiences; find someone to help you process your feelings
- Follow your dreams; know they’re right for you no matter how they sound to others
- Give yourself time to adjust; when making big life changes avoid running back to what was comfortable
- Be true to your values; define what your values are and stick to them
- Learn to trust; trust yourself, have confidence, and don’t forget your purpose in everything you do
- Negotiate in partnership; practice techniques that are customer-centric and deliver a win/win for your customer and company
- Celebrate success; you deserve it
Andrew will affirm and demonstrate in his book that the journey is just as important as the destination, with the stark realization that the journey filled with highs and lows is sometimes more fulfilling than the destination.
So come with Andrew on this journey to learn how he overcame the various obstacles in his life, flourished, and ultimately traveled the road to resilience a key trait you too can develop in your personal and business life.
Resilience if for Everyone…….Are You Ready?
Pick up your copy today by clicking the BUY NOW button.
About the Author:
Andrew Fitzgerald is a native of Ireland and now resides in Oceanside, California. A father, husband, and author, he speaks on what it takes to be successful in the corporate world, and how to overcome health crises and loss. He has recovered from serious setbacks to flourish and thrive with resilience. Andrew enjoys all sports, plays golf, and loves to cook and hike when he is not thinking about the next big brand launch.
From the Author:
I am proud to announce that a personal passion project of mine for the past two years is ready to go!
Introducing my first book: How Did I Get Here?- Traveling The Road To Resilience.
This was very challenging for me to complete as I was way outside my normal comfort zone but I stuck with it, took my time, and finally completed it!
This is the culmination of a lot of late evenings and weekend work to produce what I hope will help you gain confidence, be inspired and develop resilience to help you chase your personal and professional dreams, overcome and reconcile any grief or loss you may have or be experiencing, and ultimately flourish.
My book (I always wanted to say that!! )has four key sections detailing my life and the experiences I have navigated:
- Dying twice and being resuscitated (Yes, you read that correctly)
- Growing up in Ireland, immigrating to America and the challenges that brought but also the great adventure
- My extensive corporate sales experience, launching, managing, and growing beverage brands, overcoming setbacks, as well as detailing what it takes to be a great retail partner, and completely customer-centric
- The heartbreak of four miscarriages that my wife and I experienced until our fifth pregnancy went full term and our son was born
Developing and using my resilience I was able to “survive and thrive” in those areas of my life and these techniques are captured by way of my story and key learnings in each section.
I hope you enjoy reading my book, take the key learnings from my experience and perhaps apply some of them to your own situations and experiences and inspire you to go forth with confidence.
Resilience is for everyone!
Leave a Reply