This book focuses on British law … and while not directly applicable to those in the US, Canada and Australia you may find much of the information and examples to be of use … especially the structure and layout of a will and all the things you should consider. It’s worth the few dollars spent to save thousands!
A will can be written by anyone, but not everyone can write a tax-efficient will. Having a will can save your family much headache as it informs others of the desired distribution of your estate in your absence. It can provide the clarity needed to avoid conflict and maintain family harmony. It also gives you an excellent opportunity to plan for the future of your loved ones.
It enables you to make arrangements to:
- It gives you an opportunity to avoid an inheritance tax bill of 40 % should your assets be above the nil rate band.
- Avoid leaving the decision as to how minors or less-abled children will be cared for in your absence, to the Courts.
- Provides an opportunity for financial planning.
- Allows you the opportunity to outwit the taxman.
- Affords the opportunity to address complicated family relationships such as marriage, divorce, remarriage, life interest, trusts, foreign spouses, property in multiple jurisdictions and lots more.
- Offers an opportunity to pass on your business to the next generation tax-free with the right planning.
- Allows you the opportunity to safeguard tax reliefs specific to certain types of property such as agricultural lands.
- Enables you to have a say in how your remains are dealt with.
- Affords you the opportunity to make provision for your pets.
- Opens the door to benefit charities, and many causes close to your heart.
A will can be written by anyone, but not everyone can write a tax-efficient will. This book enables you to bridge that gap. It uses real-life examples and drafts sample wills from beginning to end. It enables readers to appreciate how they may apply the facts and the draft wills to their own circumstances.
Everyone’s situation is different. The guidance provided in this book is priceless as you consider your own circumstance and how you may write your own tax-efficient will.
About the Author
Deborah Bowers was born on the island of Saint Lucia. She is the 10th child within a family of 12. She always enjoyed writing and wrote several poems as a child. She attended St. Joseph’s Convent where she won 2nd Prize for an essay competition celebrating World Food Day.
In 1993 she moved to the United Kingdom where she studied Law and has worked as a practicing lawyer in the United Kingdom as well as in Saint Lucia. She is a reflective writer, writing on issues which affect the lives of those around her.
In 2012 she published her first book The Circle of Love followed by How To Make A Fortune Working From Home in 2013.
Her 3rd book The Power Is In Your Hands, is aimed at motivating you to achieve anything you desire in life by doing what is necessary.
In 2016 she completed How To Go from Zero To Hero in 4 Days. This is a step by step guide which can be used daily to assess what is important in your life and what you should be focusing on.
Since then she has published: Break Free – which is a reflection on black ex-slave society and its progress to date, identifying elements of mental slavery. The book also focuses on the need for a mental readjustment amongst blacks and the need for financial education.
Her last book How to Write a Tax Efficient Will, subtitle How to Outwit the Taxman- was written to help everyday families understand the need to consider their inheritance tax position when writing their will. Inheritance tax in the United Kingdom is currently 40%. This represents 40% of your assets which could go to the taxman, should you fail to plan. This is a tax which can be avoided. This book highlights things to consider which would enable the reader to write a tax efficient will.
Follow Deborah on: