Having lost 2 precious dogs in less than a year’s time, I could relate to everything in this book. The author covered all aspects of our lives that are affected by grief when losing a pet. She also covered a wide range of things such as exercise, meditation, journaling to help us work through that grief. it is real and we all experience it in different ways. This was a wonderful and comforting book. – Amazon Review
My Best Friend, Gone: Coping With the Loss of a Pet
(The Grieving Guides)
Struggling After the Loss of Your Pet?
You may be wondering if it’s okay to feel so much grief a pet death. Alicia Smalls understands your pain. As a professional dog trainer, she came to understand the dynamic between pets and owners at a deep level. So much so, she became a grief counselor in private support groups for those who’ve suffered such a great loss. Pet loss and human emotion became her specialty, her calling, her mission.
- Maybe you’ve found that even the people closest to you don’t understand how hard it is to lose a pet.
- You might be asking if there’s a pet grief recovery process for pets like there is for people.
- Perhaps you need to find out how to also support other family members, especially children, through the aftermath of the loss.
You’re not alone, and you have come to the right place. This book speaks to adults and children alike.
- In this pet grief support book you’ll learn about the roller coaster of emotions that you and your loved ones can expect to experience after the death of a beloved pet.
- You’ll discover how best to handle your emotions as well as healthy coping mechanisms that will benefit you and the rest of your family — even your other pets.
- You’ll learn the secrets of grief and how to eventually move forward with your life without your pet will be revealed to you.
Alicia Smalls pours all her knowledge and experience dealing with this complex issue into these pages, and will take you on a journey of self-discovery and healing. If you want to understand how to move forward, this is the book for you.