Hi! I’m Ann Hester, M.D., the board-certified physician with over 25 years of experience who wrote this book to empower you like never before. Please, think of me as Ann, a friend who happens to be a physician who will share a wealth of information to help you change your healthcare trajectory forever.
Patient Empowerment 101 will impact how you approach your medical care for the rest of your life. It’s a fun read, full of pictures, charts, and questionnaires. No boring medical jargon here. You can even access a website that reinforces concepts taught in the book. In addition, you can take engaging online quizzes and watch informative videos featuring life-like characters.
Patient Empowerment 101.com was created just for you.
The book teaches invaluable healthcare principles once known only by medical professionals. You’ll become empowered to communicate with doctors on a level you never imagined. Imagine knowing specific questions your doctor will want to know about common medical symptoms BEFORE she even asks! You’ll learn how to think thru your illness when your symptoms first begin. Symptom-specific questionnaires are provided in the book as well.
You’ll also learn how to create a concise copy of personal health records, a must in this healthcare climate. You can download additional Word forms for both your medical records and your symptoms as often as you like. You can even fill them out and save them to your computer before you print a copy.
- Learn how to communicate with physicians on an unprecedented level.
- Prepare for upcoming visits to the doctor to make the most out of every minute.
- Chart details of common symptoms that will help your doctor diagnose you faster, often with fewer tests and procedures.
- Learn how to pick the right doctor and research his credentials.
- Understand various types of health insurance and go thru a case study.
- Develop your own personal copy of vital health records. Download charts to facilitate this process.
- Understand the power of the health advocate, paid or free.
- Learn tips on how to use technology to improve your health.
- Understand commonly ordered tests and terms your doctor may use when explaining results.
- Review a glossary of standard medical terms. A pronunciation key is provided.
- Understand standard medical abbreviations.
- And more!
Find out more about Dr. Ann Hester on Patient Empowerment 101.com where you can check out the online quizzes and watch informative videos featuring life-like characters.