An ambitious review of various aspects of Jamaica (history, culture, tips, etc.). I appreciate this author’s presentation: a useful introduction to the island, which should prove informative and useful to both foreigners and Jamaicans alike (Jamaicans: both at home and abroad). Good information for anyone wanting to know a lot about Jamaica in one quick and easy read. – Amazon Review
SECRETS ABOUT JAMAICA AND THE JAMAICAN PEOPLE:
An exploration of the Island’s history, culture, customs
and lifestyle of the people for the modern day traveler.
If you are a tourist, a planning visitor or a Jamaican living overseas, having this book in hand, will not only prepare you for the visit but will even take a piece of Jamaica to you; making you feel as if you are right here with us. Our local Jamaicans are not exempted.
You will find the information to be not only captivating and edifying, but could even be valuable for a lifetime. Get to explore our history, our foods, the culture, our customs, the music (from mento to reggae); get to learn our patois language and how to speak like us, as well as the wisdom and teachings of our proverbs. We will even let you in on a few of our secrets plus a world of interesting surprises about our people and their lifestyles.
Enjoy it all, from right within the comfort of your homes, but then you would be missing out on our therapeutic sunshine, the white sandy beaches, the wonderful destinations, the thrilling adventures and of course, our exotic blends of foods. Don’t forget the parties too. The only way to get the best of both worlds is to get the book and also get your ticket to Jamaica.
HERE ARE A FEW VERY INTERESTING AREAS THAT THE BOOK WILL ALSO UNCOVER
PERSONALITY OF THE JAMAICANS
- Learn a few secrets, some of which are common only to Jamaicans. See the ways they behave when upset. We will explain the Jamaican bad-words, the hissing of teeth and cutting of the eyes. We will also unveil a few things about Jamaicans which have always puzzled you, and which you have always wanted to understand or learn more about.
- Read about the influence of Jamaica’s DJ Toasting which contributed to the forming of the popular North American Rap music. Read about the transition of our music from Mento, to Ska, to DJ, Toasting, rocksteady, Dub, Sound System, Dance Hall and Reggae.
THINGS JAMAICAN MEN SAY TO WOMEN TO START A FRIENDSHIP
- Hear the language Jamaican men use to women during their pursuit of them and learn all about what the Jamaican man calls “Lyrics”. Read some of the things both males and females have to say to each other.
WEDDINGS PLANS IN JAMAICA
- If you would like to get married in Jamaica, start by reading about a few of our most awesome wedding destinations. This book will definitely connect you to the right people.
WHERE TO STAY AND WHAT TO DO OR NOT DO WHILE IN JAMAICA
- Hear more about our best all-inclusive resort destinations and some of the top places in Jamaica to go for scintillating fun and unlimited adventures and excitement.
LEARN THE PATOIS (PATWA)
- Learn our patois (patwa) very quickly. We will even show you a few differences between some of today’s patois, and the patois of the past; that which was used by our grandparents and their parents.
- Learn about the Spanish invasion, the fight with the native Taino people and the re-take by the British. Read about Port Royal and the Pirates, Sir Henry Morgan, the slave trade, struggles of Marcus Garvey, the slave rebellions and the maroons.
- The traditional dances, the religions and religious movements, Rastafarianism, the African tribes of people who came to Jamaica and the places in Africa from which they came.
- History of the Jamaican ganja, health conditions it has proven to be effective in treating and useful Jamaican health products made from it.
Also included is a listing of first aid emergency health tips which could be helpful in the event of a medical emergency. Lastly, just in case you need this information while you are abroad, we have included a contact listing of very important places in Jamaica for you.
See all of this and even more by purchasing the book. Much thanks for your support and as we would say in Jamaica; BIG-UP OONU SELF!
Leave a Reply