“Dr Alexander Zeuke show cases in Sleep Timer the complicated processes of sleep in a comprehensive and entertaining way. This book should be mandatory reading for those people who want to perform at their best and add more healthy years to their life.” —Ion Zegrea MD, PhD, Consultant for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Romania
Join German physician and preventive medicine consultant Dr Alexander Zeuke as he reveals the latest groundbreaking research on the power of sleep, drawing from the fields of neuroscience, biophysics, and circadian biology to explore the nature of restorative sleep.
Designed to be more than just a self-help book, Sleep Timer offers an in-depth and scientific look at how sleep works, the factors that influence it, and practical steps that you can take to achieve better sleep.
Dr Alexander Zeuke provides cutting-edge information on how to improve your environment and lifestyle to enhance the two decisive mechanisms that lead to healthy sleep: Circadian Rhythms and Sleep Drive.
Among the many facts and practical interventions, you will discover:
- How much sleep we need and guidance on how to optimise the biorhythms and sleep drive naturally.
- Sleep inducing foods and foods that interfere with sleep.
- Leaky gut, allergies, food intolerances and sleep issues.
- The connection between sleep deprivation and metabolic disorders.
- Time-restricted eating, intermittent fasting, meal timing, and its influence on sleep, weight management and energy level.
- Mind-Body Program; breathing technique in combination with strength exercises, cold exposure and mindfulness.
- The best time to work out for sleep-deprived individuals and the types of physical activity that increase sleep duration and quality.
- Coldwater immersion vs hot shower before bedtime.
- How to analyse your chronotype and the consequences of being evening type vs morning type.
- Light pollution, flicker effect and sleep-promoting light bulbs (circadian lighting) for home and workplace.
- Body temperature variation and its influence on circadian rhythms and sleep.
- Tips to prevent blue light damage and reset circadian clock.
- Tools to self-analyse and measure sleep; how to assess your inner biological clock and circadian phase (melatonin levels and other circadian hormones) in home environment.
- Tools to analyse your sleep cycles; how to measure deep and light sleep and recognise the lifestyle factors that interfere with deep sleep.
Each chapter of the book provides conscious problem awareness and achievable solutions for people who have insomnia, social jetlag and circadian rhythms disorders.
Sleep Timer uncovers the root cause of insomnia and how to optimise sleep under the environmental pressure of modern societies.
About the Author
Dr Alexander Zeuke is a German General Surgery Consultant and the Clinical Director of Medkore Preventive Medicine. He offers data-driven personalized health programs that help clients to prevent the early onset of chronic degenerative disease.
His innovative approach makes it possible to paint a precise picture of clients current health status and potential future health risks. His program includes state-of-the-art imaging diagnostic, DNA sequencing, extensive laboratory diagnostics and a one-year membership with monthly online consultations and quarterly meetings.
Visit us at medkore.com