Lots of good advice for tourists and people who are intending to make Thailand their nest egg! – Amazon Review
The Retire in Thailand Handbook 2023 :
The Next Six Years
(The Retirees Travel Guide Series 6)
The Retire in Thailand Handbook 2023…The Next Six Years is a follow-up to the original book I wrote and published in 2018 on living or retiring in Thailand_, The Retire in Thailand Handbook…The First Six Months._ The book is an updated version because so much has changed since COVID-19 arrived in 2020 and devastated the country’s economy and tourism industry.
This book covers the six years that I have lived here and guides the reader through the procedures and protocols of establishing oneself in a new country. The book is crammed full of advice on all aspects of relocating to a new country, including:
- What to bring, and what not to bring to Thailand with you.
- How to apply for a Retirement Visa from your own country.
- How to apply for a Retirement Visa from within Thailand.
- How to open a Thai bank account
- Transferring your pension to your new Thailand bank to avoid bank fees
- How to buy a vehicle.
- How to apply for a Thai driving licence.
- How to rent a condo or a house.
- How to buy a property in Thailand.
- How to obtain suitable medical insurance coverage.
- Healthcare and dental costs
- Best retirement locations in Thailand
- Advice for single retirees.
The book is also filled with cost comparison charts, helpful tips on living here and the best areas to live or retire in Thailand as an ex-pat.
“YOU DON’T STOP LAUGHING WHEN YOU GROW OLD,
YOU GROW OLD WHEN YOU STOP LAUGHING”
About the Author
Gerald Hogg is originally from England and travelled the world working as a chef in 5-star hotels, restaurants, cruise ships, Antarctic supply ships, customs patrol vessels, rig tenders, and oil tankers.
He has also lived in Jamaica, Bermuda, Singapore, The Falkland Islands, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines and the USA. He has been visiting Thailand regularly as a tourist since 1983 and has lived there for six years since retiring and moving from Australia in 2017.
Since arriving in Thailand and to keep himself busy in retirement he re-invented himself from a chef to an author and started to write travel books which in turn led to writing his biography and then took the next step of writing fiction books.
Being a glutton for punishment two years ago he started his own YouTube channel about his life living in Thailand, “Thailand My Land”
Be sure to check out all of Gerald’s other books on his Amazon page
And find our more here: