I came to this book with personal experience of dealing with addiction through loved ones and finished with a much better understanding of what they are going through and how best to support them without “enabling”. I highly recommend this book to anyone touched by addiction in any way. -Amazon Review
Are you struggling with an addiction and looking for something or someone to relate to?
Are you looking for advice on proven and sustainable methods to achieve sobriety?
Have you been struggling to understand what is going on in the mind of your loved one as they battle through addiction?
Sobriety is a huge step that appears daunting if not gone about the right way.
The idea that an addict or alcoholic can become sober is only a myth to some people, but I’m here to tell you otherwise—from personal experience.
I went from a bottom-of-the-barrel alcoholic to becoming nine years sober and counting, and it has been incredible!
This book offers an in-depth look into addiction and the road to sobriety, starting from the implications of some early childhood experiences and how they may affect an addict in the long run.
- Scientific studies to buttress each point while relating it to personal experiences in easy-to-understand terms
- Understanding the predisposing factors to alcoholism and addiction in general
- Enabling, the rock-bottom, intervention, disease theory of alcoholism/addiction
- Comparison between AA and SMART Recovery
- Ways of achieving sobriety and the challenges when trying to get sober
- Relapse and recovery, as well as what to do after a relapse
It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been struggling. Take advantage of this sobriety self-help guide to set yourself on a path to sobriety.
If I could do it, so can you!