Very informative, innovative, interesting with new ideas. Many instances depicted with stories at times. Found it really great! – Amazon Review
Looking for a roadmap for building a successful startup? Want to avoid the common mistakes that many first-time founders make? Author Uttara Shekar Khedekar’s The Startup Leap shares everything you need to know! Taking insights from real-founder experiences, this book teaches you how to find structure in the chaotic initial phases to create a thriving and successful startup.
No two startups are built the same way, but many of them go through similar journeys. Uttara gives insight into what makes a company successful in each phase of development, making this a go-to guide for aspiring startup founders.
You will learn from founders like:
- Na’ama Moran, whose personal interest in improving the food supply chain led her to build Cheetah, a service that provides next-day delivery of food supplies to small businesses and restaurants.
- Aditya Sharma, who cofounded The Souled Store, a wildly successful online retail store in India that sells a wide range of official merchandise and unique fashion apparel.
- Joon Beh, who solved a personal problem he closely related to by creating Hallo, an online platform that helps English learners become fluent through live classes.
This book is all you need to make the leap, so get started with The Startup Leap!
Here is some early praise from founders and authors (printed on the back cover):
– “Thinking about entrepreneurship as the vehicle for your innovative dreams? THIS is the book that should be on your bedside table. Why? It’s chock-full of startup names you know, with detailed lessons from their early days, AND there are also insights from startups you haven’t heard of…yet.” — Bobbie Carlton, founder of Innovation Nights and Innovation Women.
– “This engaging and entertaining book is an excellent guide for startup founders. It is full of valuable insights and ideas for how a startup should be built. I highly recommend it.” — Jaideep Prabhu, author of Jugaad Innovation: Think Frugal, Be Flexible, Generate Breakthrough Growth
– “The Startup Leap is a great book for those looking to turn an idea into a successful startup, with great detail on topics entrepreneurs should consider.” — Eric Breon, founder and CEO, Vacasa
– “The Startup Leap is an engaging guide for first-time founders contemplating the leap into their own ventures. It is packed with great stories, nuggets of wisdom and the kind of logical approach to evaluating a new opportunity that founders need when they are feeling lost.” — Lea A. Ellermeier, founder and CEO of REPLICATE Dental Technologies and author of Finding the Exit: It’s Not Where You Start, It’s Where You Finish
– “Uttara uses her experiences from ten years working in technology to craft a compelling and informative narrative about how to build a company that can change the world. Her dozens of interviews and countless sources, create the startup primer that every founder should read.”— Michael Bervell, Author of Unlocking Unicorns and Portfolio Development at M12, Microsoft’s Venture Fund
About the Author
Uttara Shekar Khedekar is a software engineer by day and a writer by night. She wrote The Startup Leap as a way to understand the building blocks that go into creating a successful startup. She thoroughly enjoyed learning and writing about the unique journeys that founders experience while building startups, and hopes her book will drive the startup aspiration in many of you.
Uttara has been working at Amazon since 2014. She loves building software, and the engineer in her likes to break down complex things into simple, easy-to-understand pieces. She has a Master’s degree in Computer Science from Northeastern University, Boston, and a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology from Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Mumbai.
Uttara was born in Mumbai and currently resides in Seattle, WA with her husband.